Wednesday 29 February 2012

New beginnings at Swimming After Surgery (SAS)

As the weather is getting warmer and the nights are getting lighter people are looking at new opportunities to take.

Swimming After Surgery (SAS) is no different.  I have had a few enquiries in the last couple of weeks from ladies who are contemplating plucking up the courage to try something new.

Today I received a phone call from a lady wondering what to do about the fact she has no hair.  I told her not to worry about anything as I can provide her with a swimming cap. 

A swimming costume is a more personal choice so I have left what she wears up to her.  I also suggested that if she wanted to she could choose to wear a t-shirt over the top of the swimsuit as this is not a problem.

The first step is the initial telephone call after that, it is the courage to turn up at the pool.  For some it may be they just need to get their bearings walk around the pool and then settle into the water.  Others just want to get right in and go for it.

We all have different ways of coping and each one of us has had a totally different journey to get to Swimming After Surgery (SAS).  This is fully understood and respected.

I love my swimming and my life.  To set up Swimming After Surgery (SAS) was a challenge but the challenges I now face are totally different.  It is not a matter of numbers it is making everyone feel comfortable so that they feel that they can attend regularly.  I know that there will be times that someone is going to feel unwell, tired, exhausted or have other family commitments so that they cannot attend each week.

It is for this reason that Swimming After Surgery (SAS) is flexible. 

The main thing is to have FUN and enjoy Swimming After Surgery (SAS). 


No comments:

Post a Comment